ECTRI celebrates its 15th Anniversary
December 12th, 2018 / 18:00 – 21:30 / Le Bouche à Oreille, Brussels, Belgium
On December 12th 2018, the European Conference of Transport Research Institutes (ECTRI) will be celebrating 15th year of existence and achievements with a special event organized in Brussels, at Le Bouche à Oreille.
On this occasion, distinguished personalities will be brought together to discuss challenges and opportunities for the future of European research and innovation in the transport domain in the perspective of the new Framework Programme – Horizon Europe. The panel discussion will be preceded by brief scientific speeches from prominent ECTRI researchers on topics moving forward our vision to achieve a sustainable and multimodal transport system.
The event will be moderated by Ms Jacki Davis, Journalist. It will be attended by a select audience of personalities, representatives from all sectors of European transport as well as ECTRI Members and associated or cooperating Organisations, and will be followed by a reception at the same venue.
- 18:00 – 18:30 Registration and welcome drink
- 18:30 – 18:35 Opening by Professor Mark Robinson, President of ECTRI
- 18:35 – 19:00 Inspiring scientific pitches: research excellence to move toward sustainable and multimodal mobility
- Design for acceptance: chances of digitalization and automation for user-friendly public transportation, PD Dr. Meike Jipp, DLR, Germany
- Multiscale and multimodal traffic modelling approaches for sustainable management of urban mobility (ERC consolidator), Prof. Ludovic Leclerc, IFSTTAR, France
- Increasing research excellence in Intelligent Transport Systems across Europe – experience from the ERA Chair ERAdiate project at the University of Zilina, Prof. Tatiana Kovacikova, UNIZA, Slovakia
- 19:00 – 19:50 Challenges and opportunities for future European R&I in the mobility sector – High level panel discussion with the participation, by alphabetic order, of:
- PD Dr. Meike Jipp, Head of Department, DLR Institute of Transportation Systems, Germany
- Young Tae Kim, Secretary General, International Transport Forum, OECD
- Prof. Ludovic Leclerc, ERC consolidator grant, Deputy Director LICIT laboratory, IFSTTAR, France
- Gunnar Lindberg, Director, Transport Economics Institute TØI, Norway
- Jean-Eric Paquet, Director General, European Commission, DG RTD
- Prof. Tatiana Kovacikova, ERA Chair Holder, ERAdiate project on Intelligent Transport Systems, National delegate for H2020 PC on Smart, Green and Integrated Transport, UNIZA, Slovakia
- 19:50 Closing remarks by Professor Mark Robinson, President of ECTRI
- 20:00 – 21:30 Networking reception and walking dinner
Please register to the event before November 30, 2018.
We would like to recommend that you register as soon as possible because places are limited. You will receive a final confirmation of attendance shortly after registration.
The event will take place at:
Le Bouche à Oreilles
Rue Félix Hap, 11
1040 Brussels, Belgium
Tel.: + 32 2 742 29 21
More information on how to reach the venue.
Public transport: http://www.stib-mivb.be/index.htm?l=en
Taxi: + 32 2 349 49 49